Wednesday, March 23, 2011

AZTECS:     
 
                                                SACRIFICING


The Aztecs sacrificed slaves (people in the lowest class), many slaves were killed a day. The Aztec people thought they owed a sort of blood debt to their god, Huitzilopochtli. They thought that if they did not pay the debt that the world end. The slaves were painted as a part of the ritual. Their heart was cut out savagely and was in a way given to the gods. Slaves were taken to the top of pyramids and laid on a piece of stone. There is where they had their chest cut open and took out their hearts. I'm suprised nobody ran away from the city.




I disagree with this and think it is wrong. I think we should put our prisoners to work though because they hardly do anything at all; they just be imprisoned. If they are put to work things will be done faster and they wouldn’t be so useless. This, in my opinion, though is very sick. I think execution when people do something is okay depending on what the person did, but killing a slave for NO reason. I would be so horrified. I would also be kind of afraid to overthrow the ruler. When, the Spanish came I would kind of want them to so I could escape this terror. I really disagree with what the Aztecs did even if it was for god. But hey, I guess if I really thought I HAD to do it to fuel god I would do it.



"WHAT THE........ HECK! ARE YOU DOING!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment